Waterborne diseases and malnutrition affect an estimated 38% of children under the age of five in Burkina Faso. To put this in context, access to clean water is only available to 50% of the population in cities, with even less available in rural and semi-rural areas, including the zone targeted in this project of Eastern Burkina Faso.
How are we helping?
- Mobilisation of 7 Villages and 10 School water committees.
- Geophysical Survey.
- Drilling of 17 deep wells and supporting infrastructure.
- Pump Installation.
- Hygiene and sanitation training program (Sensitization – WASH).
- Ongoing local monitoring and evaluation.
- Working drinking water supply carried out to schools and villages (Kouritenga and Ganzourgou).
- Access to clean drinking water of sufficient quality and quantity for village residents and school children with a reduction in time spent fetching water.
- Reduction in the prevalence rate of waterborne diseases by 50%.
- Water Management Committees are empowered and engaged in the maintenance of the work and in good hygiene/sanitation practices.
Location: Burkina Faso
Local Partner: Ocades Caritas, Ryan’s Well
We need to raise £66,528 to complete this project. To help us achieve this please donate.