School Classroom Rebuild
Improving the working conditions of the pupils and the teachers with the aim to enhance academic performance by building a modern school building for the public primary school.
- The school has 256 pupils, who are currently crowded in mud classrooms or crumbling sheds.
- The situation is unsafe for both the pupils and the teachers and does not offer an appropriate working environment, especially during severe weather.
- Students are currently exposed to rain, during the rainy season and the harmattan (dry wind that blows during the drought) which exposes them to sicknesses such as pneumonia, dehydration, meningitis and diarrhoea.
How are we helping?
- The erection of three classrooms, equipped with furniture, an office and a store.
- Improvement in working conditions of the pupils and teachers.
- Provision of six toilets
- Representatives of the community will be trained on the sustained development of school infrastructure
Clean Water Project
This project aims to improve the quality of life of the population of Fobenga-Tierrou, a densely populated village of 1603 inhabitants.
- Fobenga suffers from severe water shortages during the dry seasons and, as a result, the health and school attendance of children in the village suffers.
- Water shortage is one of the key causes of family poverty in the area. It impacts on the nutrition and care of children and prevents parents from sending their children to school.
How are we helping?
- This project will improve access to clean water for the whole community
- Improve the quality of life through reduced water related-diseases
- Improve school attendance and academic achievement in the village;
Improve the working and living conditions of women, who will no longer devote a great part of their time fetching water and will be able to maximise their income generating potential; reinforce social cohesion; and strengthen the local community organisation.
Local Partner: Amis des Enfants de la Terre-Togo (AET-TOGO)
Beneficiaries: 256 pupils (plus staff and parents)Donate
The team received a warm welcome from the children, teachers and families of the newly opened school Fobenga school in November 2018