Improving the working conditions of the pupils and the teachers with the aim to enhance academic performance by building a modern school building for the public primary school.
- The school has 256 pupils, who are currently crowded in mud classrooms or crumbling sheds.
- The situation is unsafe for both the pupils and the teachers and does not offer an appropriate working environment, especially during severe weather.
- Students are currently exposed to rain, during the rainy season and the harmattan (dry wind that blows during the drought) which exposes them to sicknesses such as pneumonia, dehydration, meningitis and diarrhoea.
How are we helping?
- The erection of three classrooms, equipped with furniture, an office and a store room
- Improvement in working conditions of the pupils and teachers
- Building six toilets
- Representatives of the community will be trained on the sustained development of school infrastructure
Location Partner: Amis des Enfants de la Terre-Togo (AET-TOGO)
Beneficiaries: 256 pupils (plus staff and parents)Donate
The team received a warm welcome from the children, teachers and families of the newly opened school Fobenga school in November 2018