Our vision is for a world where even the poorest people have acquired the skills and means for a sustainable future.
Sustain for Life’s aim is to provide help, training and education to some of the poorest and most underdeveloped communities in the world, to help them become economically and sustainably self-sufficient. Our underlying belief is that people benefit more in the long-term by being given the opportunity to help themselves and not simply by the donation of aid. We give people in need the initial means, knowledge and skills to encourage them to develop through their own efforts.
We aim to help poor and marginalised individuals and communities that most need our support. We use local knowledge and people to carry out and monitor fieldwork on our behalf and, when necessary, take advice from others who might have more specialist skills and experience. We are currently focusing our efforts on several projects in Uganda where we provide the basic building blocks for a self-sustaining life including healthcare, food, land, shelter, training, and education.
- We aim for excellence and value for money in all that we do. We ensure that 100% of donor contributions are directed to project costs. All charity management and administration costs are paid for by our Chairman.
- We strive to be transparent and accountable in all that we do and to show clear outcomes from every intervention.
- We are a small organisation but we aim to punch well above our weight.
- We remain on the front line of project delivery.
- We place great value on our relationships with our beneficiaries, donors, staff, volunteers and other partners.