Every Penny Counts!
Our Every Penny Counts promise guarantees that 100% of all money raised goes directly to Sustain for Life projects.
We believe that when people are kind enough to donate to a good cause, all of their funding should go directly to the people who need it most. That’s why every single penny of your donation to Sustain for Life goes directly to the front-line to help individuals and communities in need.
Unlike some other organisations, none of the money Sustain for Life receives as donations is used to cover administration costs. We are fortunate to be able to do this because our Chairman of Trustees has pledged to fund all of our running costs, ensuring that every penny received has maximum impact.
Every penny really does count
Even small amounts of funding can make a big difference to the lives of poor, marginalised and vulnerable individuals:
- £3 can buy provisions to feed a family of five for a week.
- £4 can protect two or three children from malaria by providing an insecticide-treated mosquito net.
- £2 a month can pay for anti-epilepsy medicines to keep a child free from seizures.
- £20 a month can keep an HIV positive child alive with antiretroviral drugs.
- £48 can buy a sewing machine for a young woman trained in tailoring to enable her to feed her family.
- £80 a month can pay for a professional tailor to train young women in self-sustaining life skills.
- £100 a month can pay for a senior nurse to work in a hospital.
- £150 can pay for a Caesarean section to save the life of a mother and child.